Friday, January 23, 2015

A Christmas Advent Calendar

 
This year it finally got made! for years I have wanted to make a Christmas Advent Calendar like this one. Can you believe that I got the steel sheet a few years ago. Sometimes things can stay on your to do list for quite a while.

I started by painting the metal sheet and two, 2 x 4 pieces of wood in white, and nailed the metal sheet to the pieces of wood at the top and bottom and also nailed in, one of those little metal picture holder things in the back so that I could hang it on the wall.

I then made little gift card envelopes and embellished them. I adheres magnetic tape in the back of the envelopes...that way, they can easily be removed and be put back after the note inside of the envelope has been read.
One of my favorite embellishments is the Christmas Tree, my daughter cut it last year for something that she was making but then ended not using it; I kept it because she cut it in such an adorable shape.
The kiddos enjoyed choosing shapes and picking on which number they were going to go... sweet Christmas memories.
It may be odd that the Christmas Nativity is on the tenth day but it was more about having His birth in our advent calendar.


This past Christmas season, there were quite a few first time recipes tried and one of them was peanut brittle. It was sooo yummy! This was my first time ever making or eating peanut brittle.


Since I am sharing about Christmas projects. I might as share this one because it was so fun and inexpensive to make. I just used glitter, tacky glue and burned out light bulbs. Yep, I saved the burned out and faded light bulbs as we were checking  and replacing bulbs from our Christmas light strings.

 
Let me tell...I love how pretty this light bulbs turn out, every time me and the kids finished one, I couldn't get over how pretty and sparkly it looked. I used them as decorations and also as Christmas tree decoration. 
 
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I appriciate your feed back.